Nemo me impune lacessit

No one provokes me with impunity

____________________________________

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Article 1, Section 9, Constitution of the United States

If this is the law of the land...why in a republic (little r) and as republicans, do we allow mere POLITICIANS to the right to use a "title of office" for the rest of their lives as if it were de facto a patent of nobility. Because, as republicans, this should NOT be the case...just saying...

The Vail Spot's Amazon Store

Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Case for Reparations, A Response: Bullshit & Fuzzy Logic

In yet another example of the stupidity of modern Leftists, Ti-Nehisi Coates has published a lengthy article entitled "The Case For Reparations". However, while he's long on history, he's short on logic.  Essentially he's saying that every single white American owes every single black American reparations for slavery...regardless of when their ancestors emigrated to America (either voluntarily, or involuntarily).

What Coates ignores is the simple fact that the vast majority of slaves sold to traders on the west coast of Africa were sold by Africans, and Muslim slavers...not by "white people."  More over, his logic states that every single black American should receive "reparations" regardless  of when they arrived on our shores.  Furthermore, every single white American owes this payment...regardless of when they arrived in America.

For my case, my ancestors came to America in the 1630's in Salem, Massachusetts Bay Colony...and moves westward.  As far as I can discern, NONE ever owned slaves, but according to Mr. Coates, I should pay him because I am white.

BUT, if you  follow his logic chain, then every single black American should pay the descendants of every single Union soldier who was either killed or wounded in the Civil War because they fought to free Black Americans.

Mr. Coates, you owe me blood money because my direct ancestor was killed along with four of his brothers at the battle of Peachtree Creek, Georgia.  I want my money now, Mr.  Coates, YOU OWE ME FOR YOUR CURRENT FREEDOMS. My ancestors payed the ultimate sacrifice for your freedoms and now you must pay me for their deaths in  freeing you.

No comments: